1. Cold dry air has less moisture than warm dry air. During winter using a heavier lotion or cream can help your skin retain moisture longer especially for rougher or extra dry areas.
2. Strong winter winds can strip your skin of it’s natural lipids which are the most important parts of the skin barrier and keeps the skin from drying out.
3. The heat in your house can be drying as well.
4. The heat from a toasty fire can toast your skin. Dead skin builds up quicker in dry heat.
5. Hot showers can feel great but it’s actually bad for your skin
6. Coffee and chocolate can dry your skin from the inside out.
7. Winter clothing can dry your skin and leave it itchy.
8. Ultra violet rays are ever present even during the winter months so you are always at risk for sun damage.